Some examples of such activity:
- browsing this site without a particular goal
- browsing your friends' profiles on social networks
- reading news
- hugging with you spouse (endlessly)
- watching TV
You can begin with a reasonable goal (post a question, write a message, check the result of a particular football match etc.) but then your attention is getting caught by some related content or something, you lose the sense of time and simply can't stop. You wake up after an hour or more and become very disappointed about the time you've lost. And you fall into this trap again and again. Another problem is that even after you (partially) wake up and realize that you're doing unimportant things, you continue doing that for some time, unable to make yourself stop.
So the question is: what habits, rules and tips can I use to:
- not to fall in a trap like this;
- after realizing that you've got into this state, quickly make yourself get out of it?