I have a daily routine of things I like to do in terms of waking up, workout, yoga, meditation, breakfast, lunch, medicines etc.
When I travel from PT to ET and back I'd like to do these things at a fixed "Natural" no matter where/ which time zone I am in.
How to ensure events follow/ move/ stick with ME & MY Current Zonal Time / Natural Time
Personal: Dependent on me, Independent from Others - Stick to Nature's Time
- Set up by ME, Fixed daily routine, Appointments & Reminders with Myself
- DISPLAYS constant no matter what time zone, as per current System Time Zone i.e. Zonal Time
- Whether its automatic location/ GPS based system change or Manually changing system time when travelling from PT to ET
- e.g. Medicine times, food, exercise etc. Life's personal daily routines
I basically just want my 'wake up, exercise, yoga, breakfast and self-scheduling PERSONAL appointments' to stay on the same TIMEs as per 'Local Time' no matter which 'timezone' or wherever I go.
Events that stay as they are, true to Universal Calendar Time not follow ME or MY Time Zone
- Non-personal: Dependent on me & others, Not Independent from others
- Mostly via received Invites or Can be setup by ME inviting others
- As they are tied to other people that could be in different time zones
- DISPLAYS after recalculation as per current/ changing Time Zones & maintain its Universal Time and its displacement with GMT etc.
- e.g. Work Meetings / Conference Calls
I want the 'meetings' with others (received from others or created by me) to stay true to Global Time and maintain its displacement from GMT across time zones.
Current Device Hardware & Software usage Scenario:
I am open to using variety of Sync mechanisms but my devices of choice for now:
- Apple iPhone - Personal
- MS Outlook on Windows 8.1 - Corporate standard
Currently for sync I am using a mix of Outlook 2010 + iTunes/ iCloud + iPhone. Especially, since I sync my iPhone and iPad to Outlook 2010 calendar & iCloud and would like some intelligence from the systems in this respect.
Given that Outlook (2010) is the primary Calendar system for most of the Corporate world with loads of travelers, I figured MS would've had tweaked this little thing as a feature? Or Plugin/ Extension?
Does some kind of Calendaring system take this into account? e.g. Google? Then I'll sync with Google Calendar and get it to feed items to Outlook.
On the Solutions suggested so far
I am guessing and hoping there is some way to Sync the following: Outlook <> Google Calendar <> iCloud <> iPhone?..??
But, which events should I mark (Personal: Internal v/s Non-Personal:External) with a timezone and which ones leave it time zone free?
Please specify / clarify using PERSONAL v/s NON-PERSONAL as a label so I can apply the suggested actions to the right events.
Unclear on what to mark how in Outlook/ Google? Is there any way to clearly demarcate between the above two? Some kind of setting or flag or check/ radio box?