This question already has an answer here:
I am currently writing 10 books.
- Each book is non-fiction.
- None are part of a series or set.
- Each is unrelated, no content is shared between them.
- Each will require approximately the same amount of work to finish.
- I can find no means to prioritize them, as they all seem of equal importance.
- I have no deadlines.
I completed similar projects before, but was motivated by deadlines. I estimate each book will require this much time before it is ready to talk to editors:
- 40 hours for brainstorming content.
- 40 hours for writing and organizing content.
- 10 hours for proofreading.
I find it difficult to make any progress on any of these. What is an effective approach to managing and prioritizing my time and focus on multiple projects such as this? I.e. schedule a little bit of time each week for each of them, work on only one until it is finished, or some other approach in between?